Sunday 1 August 2010

Day 14. Sharks.....

Great to be back on the water. The winds were ok today. Not as strong
as forecasted. Paddled 46km from Stranraer to Maidenhead, no not the
one near Hurley, the one north of Girvan. Great views of Aisla Craig
an Arran. Amazing wildlife too with seals, birds and basking sharks
along my route. The first shark I saw was near my lunch stop of
Lendal Foot. It was huge. It's fin about a meter high. Apparently they
do not eat kayakers but I gave it a wide birth just in case!! The next
shark I met was not so big, but very close, about ten meters away. I
had to quickly change course to miss it! Thankfully it didn't eat
kayakers either!! Sally met me at Maidens and took me off to the local
campsite for my last shower for a few days and some great food. Doug
is joining me tomorrow. Will collect him from the train station at
lunch time then paddle accross to Arran.... Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment